Monday, May 2, 2011

It's not so bad...

Except for the cauliflower and carrots I tried to eat for my first snack today.  Yeah.  I choked down about 6 baby carrots and 2 things of cauliflower.  I gagged pretty bad and gave up.  No matter how much fat-free dip I dipped them in, I just could not do the crunchy texture.  I like carrots cooked, but I can't do whole raw chunks like that.  Shredded on a salad? Okay...but not like that.  And this is my first time ever eating cauliflower...and last, at least raw.


They look so lovely and innocent! Why does the texture have to be so gross?! My boss is on the Mayo Clinic Dash Diet and she said to take cauliflower, put it in a bag with some olive oil and Mrs. Dash and shake, then bake it on a cookie sheet - my girlfriend seconded that and said it was delicious.  I'm gonna give that one a go later in the week when I recover from this morning's vegetable trauma.

But! The rest of the day made up for that epic fail.

Breakfast was yummy! An apple with PB2 and granola and a serving of fat-free greek yogurt.

Lunch, was a large spinach salad with strawberries, oranges, almonds and f/f raspberry vinaigrette.  I was surprised at how good it was! Lacy loved it too! And it was filling!



My afternoon snack was a serving of fat-free cottage cheese and a pear.  Gosh, I love pears! And cottage cheese!

Dinner was a mild alteration of a classic!  It was supposed to just be grilled cheese on Ezekiel 4:19 sprouted grain bread sprayed with olive oil, with fat-free American cheese and two slices of turkey bacon, but our calories came up short today, so I decided to throw some  turkey breast and spinach on there and THEN grill it.  Ohmygosh fantastic!


And to top it off, I'm still only at about 1,000 calories, so I'll have to have a snack at least before bed! I haven't been hungry all day so that seems strange, but I've logged nutritional info on fitnesspal.com and have double checked on packages, and I'm really that short on calories!

I also had grand intentions of coming home and spending some quality time getting to know Jillian Michaels and what this 30 Day Shred hoopla is all about.  Well, that, like the cauliflower, was an epic fail.  I got through the first five minutes and my sinuses were not going to have it! I was dripping all over the place (snot) and I couldn't breathe... So.  I've been on antibiotics for 5 days and I'm still no better than I was last week and now I can't work out because of it? Well, doc, I ain't gonna lose Week 1's weigh-in because of a snotty nose! They're gonna put me on some super duper antibiotic or else! (Or else I will snot green boogers all over them!)

I'm going to get in to the doc come hell or high water tomorrow.  But for now, Lacy is home and I'm going to go chit-chat with her, have a snack and finish Inception.

2 comments:

  1. You can use cauliflower for mashed potatoes. Just take one or maybe two depending on size potatoes and cube them just like you normally would but instead of the other 2 pototaes you would add to make mashed potatoes add a head of cauliflower instead. Boil everything together and then mash (using your beaters gets the best smooth texture). Add low fat butter or fat free sour cream, garlic, whatever you like. My kids will even eat cauliflower this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used sparkpeople for a little while - I honestly like fitnesspal better because I can track my water intake on the handheld.

    I haven't been tracking my food or calories - only water and exercise. I find that when I track my calories I just want to eat more, so since I'm still losing at a good pace it doesn't worry me.

    I love you Lisa!!! xoxo -Blue

    ReplyDelete