Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Death to the leftovers!

We made it through Easter weekend, and I’m feeling a little worse for the wear.  I’ve had all the wrong attitude the last two or three days.  More or less, “this is it, this is the last, enjoy it while you can!”  And I’ve eaten everything in sight.

I made a pretty traditional Easter dinner, with a glazed ham, cheesy potatoes, fruity/cream cheesy salads, taco dip, cake, and even had a few beers on Easter.  It’s been a hodgepodge of leftovers in every combination and copious amounts of such.  I am ashamed to say I got up to pee at 2am and rather than brushing my teeth and going back to bed (I can’t stand mid-night mouth/morning breath/whatever), I gorged myself on the jell-o cake in the fridge and fell back to sleep.

The cheesy potatoes are gone, I’m all hammed out now, even the jell-o cake has lost its appeal.  But rather than behave myself, what did I do this morning, I ate two pieces of breakfast pizza.  It had turkey bacon and turkey sausage on it, but that doesn’t make up for the white flour crust, tons of cheese and gravy that is on it as sauce! I feel like a worthless blimp at the moment.

Lunch will be another story.  I’m certainly not hungry now, but come 1:00, I am sure I will be and I am having lunch with our receptionist today for our monthly gossip session. Sweet potato fries are my weakness.  Who am I kidding, food is my weakness!

Tomorrow is our catered lunch and after that, I can prepare for the big official weigh-in on Sunday.  I’m sure a few last hurrahs will make it in there – I have to say goodbye to greasy pizza and a few other bad-for-you favorites. 

The one thing I HAVE succeeded with is refraining from soda.  Diet soda, to be precise.  It’s been two days.  I had two energy drinks yesterday, but we’ll work on the caffeine habit later, right now it’s about knocking the aspartame.  (E-drinks are made with sucralose, which isn’t a lot better, but hasn’t been shown to cause cancer in lab rats, either.)

Lacy and I have been egging each other on, and while I have the advantage of having been down this road before and a few tricks up my sleeve, she has the advantage of actually liking things like vegetables…which, I can’t stand. But I guess I’m going to have to learn how to like them.  Is that even possible?

All I know is I don’t want more days of feeling disgustingly full and blimp-ish like I do today.  Ugh. This is bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment