Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weigh in: Red Team Win! (And other stuff)

Weighed in on Sunday at 222.2 - a 4.0 lb. loss, for a total of 18.4 lbs. shed during the month of May!


(My big fat toe coveres up the last digit, but it's .2)

I'm "borrowing" the wi-fi signal from one of the neighbors at home and with the weather all wonky this weekend, it was just not going to connect and be fast enough for diddly squat. 

The weekend the kid was at his dad's, so we had a wee bit o' fun, mostly cruddy weather, and lots of good food.  We accomplished eating out AND drinking, responsibly! Our waist lines thank us!

Friday evening I was coming off of a mighty hellish and stressful week (as this one is shaping up to be), so I made Happy Lemon Raspberry Swirl cheesecake bars. 



There were a couple minor variations in this recipe from the strawberry ones I made a few entries ago.  First, I used fat-free cream cheese for the filling and added a bit of lemon juice.  Turned out superb! I did this to compensate for the fact I used about 3 tablespoons of butter instead of the 1 tablespoon of light butter in the crust.  Why? Because these cheesecake bars not only make your waistline happy, but they got you stoned doing it.  I used cannabutter and was delightfully relaxed Friday evening.  A new, improved spin on your age old magic brownies ;)

I got my hair done, and helped my kid sister move on Saturday, followed by some shopping! New Mac make up and a new outfit.  And pants a whole size smaller! Woot!

Saturday evening we decided to venture out and about to our favorite bar/grill...  Andre the bartender was more than happy to hook us up with low calorie drinks! He made us lovely Skinny Tea vodka drinks.  They packed a punch and at only 60 calories a piece! (And $6.00...but the vodka makes that easier to swallow.)  We split the hummus and wheat pita appetizer...



Then we ordered a turkey burger, with spinach, not lettuce, cause lettuce is NAS-TAY! And fruit instead of fries...



It was honestly SO. GOOD!



I have to say, skinny drinks or not, it was hard to be in a bar that has "NO CRAP ON TAP!" (as their T-shirts say), and be surrounded by delicious hoppy and full-flavored craft beers and sit there and drink my vodka tea... Forever a beer lover at heart.  But, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels...

I missed updating for a whole week! I promise that won't happen again.  Get me out of this desk and home with a steady internet connection and I'll hook you up with fantastic recipes for things like



Thai Mango Chicken



Barbequed chicken with sweet potato fries (I finally got them CRISPY!)

And more! 

I haven't logged my calories in MFP for a few days, but I've been making good choices and I don't want to become overly reliant upon an app - I want to know that I can make healthy choices by myself! I'm back to sticking stuff in there now, but I'm not doing it live or die...

Watched Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition last night - Really gave me extra motivation to shed these pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment