Friday, May 13, 2011

Weigh in is just around the corner!

And I wonder how we'll fare this week... I've wanted to step on the scale the entire week, and I often look for it in the bathroom, but to no avail.  After weigh in on Sunday I handed Nathan, my 6 year old son, and told him "Hide the scale where Mom and Lacy won't find it...but remember where it is!" I haven't been able to find it...let's hope he remembers where he stuck it! Although if it's in that child's room, well you'd have better luck finding a needle in Tsunami stricken Japan.

Yesterday as a whole was a disasterous day.  Filled with anger and tears and downright emotional madness.  And not for any specific reason. I just went a bit haywire.  But after I let it all out, I got up and made dinner... it was pretty fab.

Almond crusted salmon filets.  A first in both the making of salmon and the eating of it (that counts anyways).  Lacy loves salmon and she said this was phenomenal!  I thought it was pretty good too...though when it comes to fish, nothing beats fresh-caught beer battered bass at 5AM.


It was easy - I ground up the almonds, fresh cilantro, some garlic cloves and olive oil, spread it on the salmon and badda-bing...delicious fishness!  Carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and yellow peppers - I cheated, they're Green Giant, I just microwaved them.  The bread is half of a whole wheat sandwich thin with a bit of spray butter, garlic powder and parmesean chese on it baked...you need some bread with fish.  It was filling, and good for us!

No idea what's on the menu for tonight.  I just ate mushrooms for the first time in my life (willingly, anyway...)

Our weigh-in is on Sunday and I think that Lacy will probably beat me this go-round simply because she has had some really intensely low calorie days, skipping meals, etc... At least I take comfort in knowing that I am doing this for sustainability and I could win the weigh in if I didn't eat, but come on, the food is so awesome, I've gotta eat! And I want to, because this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment